Sunday, February 5, 2012

Parade wake up and met a girl from Boulder

Last night, after leaving dinner I saw a blond girl on the street. Lucy and her friends are studying in Guayaquil. On the weekends,! they all travel and party around Ecuador. They were staying at the hostel across the street and all 15 of them were awesome. Some students are from the US, Japan , Canada ,France and Mexico.
They had gone out the night before and were ready for round two. Upon returning to the hostel to change,my dorm had acquired Frances from Boston. We all went to a couple clubs , the winner being club Krak. I must admit, Not a very inviting name. Ecuador gringos pay no cover and a rum and coke, beer or vodka is about 2 bucks.
Everyone here really knows how to party.
This morning or technically late morning, about 10 there was a parade down the street. I think the celebration has something to do with the Virgin, but honestly. I have no clue. Minto ( the japanese ) backpacker and I thought it was pretty great. ( laughter and smiles are wonderfully universal)
I think I will go to the surf city Manta for carnival, a countrywide massive party in two weekends and meet up with Lucy an the bunch. I dont know if I have weekends free yet.
The hostel is also doing my bag of laundry for 2 bucks, self laundry is rare! Have to run some errands today and figure out where my school is. Class is tomorrow at 8 am!

Walking around the ruins today I met a 25 year old teacher from Boulder. The world is becoming increasingly small.

No comments:

Post a Comment