Saturday, February 4, 2012

Hogar cuencano

The title is the same of my elusive hostel. Couldn't find it on the first round calle larga y calle hermano Miguel. Found wifi and finally found it. It is super clean, but very low key, family run and quite different. There is one other Japanese student there now but other than that, nothing much going on. I explored the city by myself today. Found the historic centre and parque abdon Calderon. In the centre there is a statue of Abodon Calderon, independence hero and Cueca native. Did some sketching and spent the day quite a bit paranoid about anyone walking behind me. I really need to learn some Spanish, it's been a pain without my traveling buddies to help cover my language deficit.
Found my first vegetarian meal, that god and have some job applications to cram out at an Internet cafe tm.
Hoping my jeans hold through their thread " bareness." The only ones I have found here have about 80 rhinestones on them or are more spandex than leggings....no bueno.

A bit miffed my sunglasses have gone missing. I had them last night and probably gone by now. It's really irritating and I'm hoping they're in a stuff sake. Darn it!! Least I got some free snorkel gear from Amelia, one less thing to rent, yahoo
Super Bowl Sunday tm, go giants.. Tom, you've won enough and your married to Gisele. Please lose at something, really. It's a bit annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment