Friday, April 20, 2012

Missing Moleskin, crying myself to sleep ...

My moleskin is full of everything from this trip. It is more important than everything, except my passport and it's irreplaceable and I just realized I've left it in Copacabana. I was rushing to make a bus and as I reached for it in my bag, nada. Nothing. If I can get a hold of my friend who is coming to Copacabana I have a chance of getting it back. Otherwise, I will ride a 12 hr bus and cross 2 country borders to get it. I just hope they hold in to it. It's been 13 hrs. I can't do anything till I have wifi and that's the worst part. Waiting to see its fate.

It's intriguing the amount if connection one has to " a thing" . The amount of emotional attachment to an inanimate object is profound. This moleskin is similar to a child and a teddy bear. If hugging and squeezing would solidify the relationship I would.

My luck turned golden when I go an email from a fellow backpacker who got my book and said that he'd mail it!! Then two days later he ended up bringing it from Bolivia. The kindness of people along the way is a beautiful thing

No comments:

Post a Comment