Sunday, March 4, 2012

Music Class, el forneria and surviving travel battles

I had my final Andean music class thursday and it was do awesome!!! I nearly had a heart attack when my teacher had a cup from Colorado Rocky Mountain School ( the very prep school my roommate and food friend Shannon went, as well as some other friends of mine..)
I asked her why she had and if she'd been to Colorado and it was just a gift from a student she'd taught. Nevertheless the world is shrinking.

Anyway!! Learned a lot more about the mixed influence of ingenious music with Afro and Hispanic culture!! Then attempted to play several traditional lutes. Easy peasy.. Like a recorder and I played sax for 6 yrs, so no hay problema!!

WRONG. I nearly passed out from hyperventilating from the effort of attempting to just make the smallest of noises. Finally, nearly blue I happened to blow out a screech that sounded like a dying bird.. Nevertheless a proud moment for me.

Also went to a pottery studio and an older cathedral from the 1500s. Found the pottery process enchanting and can't wait to copy several designs I saw when I get home!!

Most importantly a change in plans was ironed out! No longer volunteering at the biological reserve, not only was I going to paying a large sum of money, they are kept changing dates and being rather sketchy about the process... Instead I'll be off to vilicambaba for hiking,
bird watching and living the dream. Moreover calling airlines to change flights ect was not only expensive, but a waste of 3 hrs of my life. Note to self: customer service... Means customers might as well figure it out themselves..

However, don't even want to think about saying goodbye to my family here... I am dreading the moment. They are some awesome and I want to stuff Juan Jose in my suitcase and take him back home with me. He's small enough, I'm sure no one in customs would mind and neither would Monica...( I wish)

No comments:

Post a Comment